Individual Therapy for Women
I work with women of all ages (including older teens) and backgrounds, often at transitional times (e.g., pregnancy, postpartum, perimenopause, menopause). Transitions are opportunities for growth and new possibilities in one's life.
Some issues and challenges you might come to therapy to explore:
- worry and stress
- loss and grief
- education and career choices
- workplace dynamics
- empty nest
- relationship difficulties
- how your family of origin and other past relationships affect you presently
I have special expertise and many years of experience working with women dealing with pregnancy and postpartum mood disorders (including depression and anxiety), as well as parenting concerns.
These are examples of challenges that may arise at this time:
- You may be pregnant and wondering why you’re not glowing with happiness like the media and everyone else tells you that you should be.
- Maybe you’ve just had a baby and you’re feeling sad that you didn’t have the birth experience you expected and wanted.
- Or maybe the “baby blues” are not lifting and you’re surprised to feel teary all the time and to be having difficulty taking care of your baby and yourself.
- Perhaps you and your partner disagree about where your baby should sleep or how to deal with toddler tantrums.
- Or you may be dealing with infertility or have experienced pregnancy loss or infant death.
- Perhaps you are facing the challenges of raising a child with special needs.